HP Turbine Exhaust Non Return Valve - The Standard in Steam
Turbine Protection. The ATWOOD & MORRILL™ cold reheat
check valve has been developed and improved for more than 60 years.
It is in service in most countries world wide. The ATWOOD & MORRILL™ Cold Reheat Check is a reliable,
sturdy valve that protects the High Pressure (HP) Steam Turbine
from damage caused by reverse flow during unit trip. In newer
Rankine and Combined Cycle plants the Cold Reheat Check Valve must
also accommodate the increased demands of a Turbine Bypass System
and isolate the HP Turbine Exhaust when the bypass is in
Features / Benefits
- Dependable operation with tight shut off
- Low pressure drop
- Easy hydro testing of reheater
- Side assist closing cylinder
- Self aligning disk and seat
- Wide flat seat
- Rankine and Combined Cycle Power Plants with Reheat
- Prevents Reheat Steam from Returning to Turbine on Trip
- Simplifies Hydrotesting of the Reheater.
- Protects the High Pressure Turbine Exhaust from Bypass Steam
and Water when the Turbine Bypass system operates.
- Isolates High Pressure turbine exhaust when auxiliary steam is
supplied to the IP turbine in a combined cycle unit, to synchronize
the steam turbine generator or start the gas turbine on a single
Help To prevent files from opening in your web
browser rather than downloading to your hard disk, please follow
PC users Right click the desired link and select
"Save target as..." or "Save link as..."
Mac users Right click or press Ctrl and click the
desired link and select "Download linked file as..." or "Save